DetailsChevrolet Performance Parts took the venerable 454 HO, swapped the cast iron production heads for a set of oval-port aluminum castings, and created the ZZ454. Not only do the aluminum cylinder heads flow more air, but you also drop almost 100 pounds off the nose of your car--dramatically improving performance.
The aluminum heads of the ZZ454/440 account for 15 horse improvement over the iron-headed 454 HO. These oval-port aluminum heads use huge 2.25" intake and 1.88" exhaust valves as well as small combustion chambers to add to the efficiency of the 454" big-block. The bottom end includes a Gen VI four-bolt, a forged steel crank, forged connecting rods, and forged pistons. A roller camshaft with a .510/.540" lift specs deliver a big-block loping idle as well as add to the high performance punch of the entire crate engine.
The ZZ454/440 is delivered as a complete assembly including water pump, balancer, intake manifold, and 14" automatic transmission flexplate. All you need to do is add your carburetor, ignition, and starter to complete the project.
- Block: 12550307 Cast Iron
- Crankshaft: 14096983 Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: 10198922 Forged Steel
- Pistons: 10215228 Forged Aluminum
- Piston Rings: 12523921
- Camshaft: 24502611 Hydraulic Roller
- Timing Chain: 10114177 Single Roller
- Cylinder Heads: 12363392 Cast Aluminumer
- Intake Valves: 12366986 2.19"
- Exhaust Valves: 12366988 1.88"
- Valve Springs: 12462970
- Rocker Arms: 12368082
- Torsional Damper: 10216339 8"
- Flexplate: 10185034Engine Zz454 / 440 Hp Details Available In Our Catalog, Or See Gm Performance Catalog For Complete Specs. Not Available For Online Ordering, Please Call For Order Procedure & Current Price
- Additional Information
Car Model No Model Year No Oversized Yes